Logitech g933 vs astro a40 (Gaming, Streaming & Vidéo Editing)

dolomats

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Hello,

So I’m stuck choosing between Logitech g933 and Astro a40 My daily use is:

Gaming, Video Editing, Streaming, Voice recording.

The main difference between these two are :

ASTRO A40 TR

has a neodymium magnet
highest frequency
impedance
no battery needed

Logitech G933

supports Dolby Digital
Can be used wirelessly

Reference

So I don’t really worry about the wire or no but mostly about the sound quality the only downside I see here is the Dolby Digital.

So Guy's what u think? which one is best in your opinion and if u have another alternative feel free to let me know Thanks

Solution
My son had a set of $355 Sennhesiers. He's a 6-2" and when gaming, every time he stood up, he'd tear them off as the wire wasn't as long as he was. Eventually the wire pulled out and he had them sent in for repair. He bought a G930 to use in the meantime and the Sennheisers have been gathering dust since they came back.

Just recently, I bought a G933. No complaints tho for the 1st few days they felt a bit tight on my head. The ability to store the dongle thingie inside the ear piece is a great feature. The stoopid LED lights ... well are just that stupid. Who thought it was a good idea to have flashie lightie thingies on your head ?

As to the wireless / wired issue, there's this:

1. Ya get 7 hours battery life if ya leave...
My son had a set of $355 Sennhesiers. He's a 6-2" and when gaming, every time he stood up, he'd tear them off as the wire wasn't as long as he was. Eventually the wire pulled out and he had them sent in for repair. He bought a G930 to use in the meantime and the Sennheisers have been gathering dust since they came back.

Just recently, I bought a G933. No complaints tho for the 1st few days they felt a bit tight on my head. The ability to store the dongle thingie inside the ear piece is a great feature. The stoopid LED lights ... well are just that stupid. Who thought it was a good idea to have flashie lightie thingies on your head ?

As to the wireless / wired issue, there's this:

1. Ya get 7 hours battery life if ya leave the lights LED lights on. Stoopid ... what's the point of lights that you can't even see. If if other people are there seeing them, well what the hell you doing playing a game while ya guest sits watching ya head ? :) With the lights off, you get 12 hours and yes, I have done 12 hours on a charge.

2. If you can manage that, then ya just plug the cable in and you are right back where ya are with a wired headset. I have had wireless KBs and wireless mouse ... i won't use again. But a wireless headset ... yup, I don't want one that's always tethered. I can walk down two floors and make a sandwich and still talk to folks in game via Discord. I have even walked outside tot he car to get my phone w/ o losing connection.

Solution