Logitech Gaming Software Compatibility issues with other manufacturers' software

Stanwick

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
Hi, this is my first thread. I need your help. I currently own a Logitech G930 headset on LGS 8.84.15 using Windows 7 Enterprise x64.

I need a gaming mouse and as Logitech mice are overpriced in my country, I chose to buy the Steelseries Rival 300. I still haven't bought it because I've read that there is an ongoing compatibility issue with Razer Synapse 2.0 where all peripherals would become unresponsive if those 2 programs are run in the same time. Logitech support says that if that's the case, I should revert to some very old LGS version.

I contacted Logitech support 4 days ago asking about whether or not will this problem appear with Steelseries software too and they haven't responded yet. (They only said about Razer)

Will this problem occur with Steelseries software too? Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I've had the LGS on my pc's forever it seems, both have seen keyboard usage, and even loading the Cougar software for my current kb, there's not been any conflicts with the LGS. (haven't bothered to uninstall yet).

So if I had to hazard a guess based on personal experience, I'd think the problem wouldn't be the LGS, it would be the steelseries incompatibility

Stanwick

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016

Yeah, but you see, the G930 is a 7.1 surround headset, and without LGS I can only use it in stereo 2.0 mode. I can't use 7.1 without the software :/

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
I've had the LGS on my pc's forever it seems, both have seen keyboard usage, and even loading the Cougar software for my current kb, there's not been any conflicts with the LGS. (haven't bothered to uninstall yet).

So if I had to hazard a guess based on personal experience, I'd think the problem wouldn't be the LGS, it would be the steelseries incompatibility

Solution