Logitech Intros Wireless Touchpad for PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukemaster

Distinguished
This is not a bad idea. May be nice for users that use laptops on the go and desktops at home. I would prefer a decent keyboard/touchpad combo for media center use.

Wacom also has several touchpad(not sure if they get 4 finger input)/digitizer tablets on the market as well.

G

This is honestly a waste for a desktop. You have way more productivity with a mouse than you do a touch pad.

G

How is this any easier than using a wireless mouse? Oh, wait, we are paying 50 bucks so we don't need a mouse pad. Clever.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Attach that to a decent wireless keyboard and you got me for real, Logitech. It must have multimedia keys in it! Or even better, make it control remote like.

Oh gawd, the htpc-gasm.

Cheers!

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
This is a total rip of the Wacom Bamboo Touch that has been out forever!

The multi-touch is nice and great for web and some Adobe apps. It's really poor for gaming, even though it seems like it would be cool. Overall I found it awkward compared to a mouse and much harder to perform precision movements.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Touch pads are great if the OS properly supports it but not good for gaming. Apple has had a big multi-gesture touch pad for their PC for at least a year, works freaking great.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I'd rather have a wireless keyboard/touchpad combo unit for an HTPC. Typing using the on-screen windows keyboard with a touchpad would be a nightmare.

G

A good multi-touch pad is great for everything *except* gaming and photoshop :)

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
this would enable the Live Tiles desktop on windows 8 to be much more usable for those who want to.
or make browsing lare folders of pictures etc easier, even with the "classic" interface. not a replacement for a mouse, an add-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.