Logitech X-530 Picking up radio stations

glockshna

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Okay, so in December for Xmas, I received a very nice speaker system (Logitech X-530) Has amazing sound quality and will rattle the windows out of their frames if i turn it up high enough. The only problem is that I'm intermittently picking up some sort of religious radio station. It comes in and out (Sometimes extremely loud sometimes quiet) but it's always there if you listen closely enough.
Since it's a logitech system and the way it's designed I can't interchange the thin wires for more insulated cables which I believe could be the culprit. Does anyone have any ideas for a possible solution to this problem? It really breaks immersion when I'm watching an intense movie or playing a game to all of the sudden hear "EMBRACE GOD INTO YOUR HEART FELLOWS AND YE SHALL BE SAVED" Yeah that was really bad but I literally heard that one day and it was louder than the movie. (It doesn't matter what the speaker volume is. the volume of the station has a mind of it's own.)

I have resorted to using headphones again which defeats the whole purpose of wanting a sound system (Don't like wearing headphones all that much)

Thanks for the help.

Did you try embracing God into your heart? After you are saved, maybe God won't screw with you anymore.

What happens when you plug another entirely different set of speakers in? (borrow some to test) does the problem go away? Or same problem?

Do you live near a big radio tower?

What happens if you disconnect cable TV wire from your modem? (disconnect internet)
does the problem go away?

Byter Wrote:

That’s a funny one

He said he received the speakers
Did the person that gave them to him like him?

The one thing that comes to mind is Ferrite Beads for the speaker wires. Apparently you have a third harmonic problem. Does the Logitech system give you channel options? That's another possible solution. It's definitely bleed over so the frequencies are very close. I call you dude.

Rand(i) (i) = y

glockshna

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Wow sorry Soundguru, for some reason Toms Hardware emails started going to my spam box, didnt see any replies.

I don't have cable internet.
Doesn't happen with any other speakers (Have tested with 2 different sets and I have 2 surround sound systems in my home that don't do it)
I do live near a radio tower but it's a classic rock station not a religious preach fest. It's about 15 miles away.
I'm not using wireless internet.
The person likes me yes haha, they were new in box still wrapped in plastic so no tampering :D
There's no channel options for my speakers.

I have found a half way decent work around though, I used to have my speakers turned all the way up and I would control my sound volume through my computer so I dont have to walk across the room to turn the volume up via the dial. I turned it down to about 30% and the speakers are still loud enough for my taste and the radio station isn't as noticeable anymore, though it's still there.

Thanks for the help :)