Solved! Logitech Z506, surround system from hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2018
Currently trying to hook these things up to a Windows 10 desktop. Testing all of them works fine in the sound settings, however real music and video testing only seems to include the front speakers and sub. I have already gone into the settings to configure them as a 5.1 system, but this does not work. I have also restored defaults and tried again many many times.
I have updated the Realtek audio drivers and tested the speakers in that program as well.
Let me know if anyone has some other ideas because I'm killing myself trying to fix this.

Solution
It's most likely either the source video being in stereo or the player you are using. I have a home theatre PC connected to my 5.1 system and it does do 5.1 for Bu-ray and Netflix but most other sources are just in stereo. VLC will output 5.1 if the source file is encoded with it as well.

Also I had to configure my Blu-ray player software for 5.1, it doesn't just use the windows setting.

boju

Distinguished
Have a feeling you're using youtube to test. If so they don't work, youtube doesn't support realtime encoding, not yet anyway.

Need content that is already encoded such as dvd movies and games.

If you want all speakers playing from stereo sources use speaker fill option in the audio software.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
It's most likely either the source video being in stereo or the player you are using. I have a home theatre PC connected to my 5.1 system and it does do 5.1 for Bu-ray and Netflix but most other sources are just in stereo. VLC will output 5.1 if the source file is encoded with it as well.

Also I had to configure my Blu-ray player software for 5.1, it doesn't just use the windows setting.

Solution
Nov 27, 2018

I just selected the speaker fill option but it doesn't appear to have changed anything yet.
and I'm not sure if the videos or audio are 5.1 compatible, but they are from Spotify and Youtube

Nov 27, 2018

Ah ok so now after playing a video from VLC I got sound from the other speakers that weren't producing sound before. The rear speakers are very soft however, like i had to lift them up to my ear to make sure they were actually playing, but the front middle speaker now has good volume

Status
Not open for further replies.