Dec 24, 2018
I just got the logitech z607 surround sound system for my PC however the system is shipped with 3 RCA cables and my 5.1 built in sound card from my motherboard (G1 Sniper B5 for anyone wondering) only has 3.5 mm inputs but should support 5.1 . WOuld 3 RCA to 3.5 solve it (for full 5.1 not emulated or anything) or are the speakers not right for 5.1 on pc or do i need to buy an external sound card. Thanks for any help!

Solution
FronLeft to FL, FR to FR, C to C, RearLeft to RL, RR to RR, sub to sub, THAT'S IT. Can't be easier than that! All you are doing is changing the connector type, a physical thing. You have the option of adding adapters or just buy completely new cables.

If PC has discrete surround outputs jacks then is able to handle real surround unless you are talking 10+ year old PC, sounds like the logitech already have discrete surround inputs, so ur good to go, simple cabling.
FronLeft to FL, FR to FR, C to C, RearLeft to RL, RR to RR, sub to sub, THAT'S IT. Can't be easier than that! All you are doing is changing the connector type, a physical thing. You have the option of adding adapters or just buy completely new cables.

If PC has discrete surround outputs jacks then is able to handle real surround unless you are talking 10+ year old PC, sounds like the logitech already have discrete surround inputs, so ur good to go, simple cabling.

Solution