Logitech z906 and 5.1 sound adapter

brad01

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
Logitech z906, I have onboard sound card, It has 3 plug ins green,pink, and blue, I plugged my speakers in only to find out the 5.1/3D option wasn't working (rear speakers sounding terrible with hissing,cracking, almost inaudible) if I switch the system to 4.1 they work fine but this automatically shuts off the center speaker, and I of course want to use my 5.1/3D option anyways. My best guess from research is to purchase the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Audio System with SBX SB1095, will this fix my problem and deliver clear audio from my speakers? Or will I have to get an actual sound card that goes on my motherboard? I don't know much about audio and would like to hear about any solutions opinions etc, my main goal is to get all of my speakers working on the 3D setting on my speakers console. My thought process right now is that buying this sound blaster unit will serve as a sound card and resolve my problems, is this correct?

Solution
I've never used an external sound card, but I do know that the reason your 5.1 system is not working right is that your motherboard's sound output is 2 channel only (the green jack is the only output, and does just front left & right). You need the extra black output (rear) and yellow output (sub).
I would look at benefits of going with an internal vs external solution, and definitely stick with something reputable..there's a lot of crap ass products. Sound Blaster is a well recognized name.

dudio

Admirable
I've never used an external sound card, but I do know that the reason your 5.1 system is not working right is that your motherboard's sound output is 2 channel only (the green jack is the only output, and does just front left & right). You need the extra black output (rear) and yellow output (sub).
I would look at benefits of going with an internal vs external solution, and definitely stick with something reputable..there's a lot of crap ass products. Sound Blaster is a well recognized name.

Solution

brad01

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
I'm definitely considering the sound blaster, do you think it would fix my problem and essentially serve as an external sound card, I'm a little confused on the products entire purpose.