logitech z906 sound issue with computer

domjam

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hello im not sure whats going on but I have hooked up the speaker system to my computer but I have a problem when i try to use the speaker effects were the sound from people . espeiculy in games has no audio or is very faint to the point like it sounds muffled and underwater almost. I have checked in windows 10 sound settings test and when I have any of the speaker effects enabled only the front speakers work. the center speaker has no sound the back speakers have no sound and the sub has no sound. only has sound when I disable sound effects..but this kind of sucks since its not doing 5.1 souround sound like it should...how can I fix this??

Sounds like you either have the wrong settings in Windows audio or you don't have the speakers hooked up properly to the motherboard. Check over the audio settings make sure it's set to 5.1 and that the speakers are wired to the correct ports for 5.1 audio on the sound card.

domjam

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
I'm not sure what steps I am supposed to do other then connect the 3 connecters from the speaker unit to the back of my computers motherboard. corresponding the colour of the connectors to the colour of the connections on the back of my motherboard. unless I did that wrong. looking on Realtek manger it shows the orange as ( rear center subwoofer speaker out ) green (front speaker out) and black ( rear speaker out) The speakers and the unit itself are definitely hooked up correctly because there is a test function on the unit and everything works how it said in the manual..its just when I connect it to the computer I cant seem to get the 5.1 to work correctly when testing using windows 10 or realtek manager when using any of the effect settings on the unit itself. some videos seem to play fine on Youtube were as others will not and the same can be said for films and games I dunno what's going on. what's odd is that sound does come from the back speakers. but the dialog is only coming from the back speakers and its a faint echo. when I set the effects to off dialog comes from the central speaker and I think the front ones. but this makes the back ones not work for some reason.. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to try a digital connection. as I see that is another connection under real tech manager and the unit also supports it.. but I don't have a cable to test this yet and I have never used one either.