Long Booting time than usual

anitsebastian2821

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
I purchased a laptop Lenovo 2 years ago. Everything was working normal till yesterday, suddenly it takes longer booting time than usual. The time difference between the moment I press power button and the windows logo shows up is around 50-55 secs. Usually it doesn't take that long.

Then I tried to go to bios. Sadly same delay occurs here too. I was running Ubuntu alongside with windows, but now it shows some errors while booting.

I took out the hard disk and tried to boot into bios, the time delay disappears! Only 2-4secs to go to bios. Then I run an Ubuntu live CD without hard disk. Its booting up within normal time frame.

Is it the problem with my hard disk ?

Solution
Yeah the issue has been diagnosed by you to be the HDD. 2 years of strenuous activity and movement can and will degrade the lifespan of an HDD. Perhaps now would be a good time to look into an SSD as the primary boot drive/device and offload partitions/drive/storage duties to an HDD.

Lutfij

Splendid
Yeah the issue has been diagnosed by you to be the HDD. 2 years of strenuous activity and movement can and will degrade the lifespan of an HDD. Perhaps now would be a good time to look into an SSD as the primary boot drive/device and offload partitions/drive/storage duties to an HDD.

Solution

anitsebastian2821

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018