Looking for a $80 gaming headset that won't fall apart

monkeyRAMdriver

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
I am will to spend no more than $80 on a WIRELESS headset. I care a lot more about durability than sound as this will be thrown around, traveled with, ect. meaning no Logitech (sorry). Thanks for your answers.

Joseph DeGarmo

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
Do you want surround sound? One word of advice: DO NOT buy Logitech surround headsets. I can testify from personal experience that Logitech Gaming Software will cause Windows to hang when trying to go into sleep mode. It can cause hard drive errors and a host of other problems. Turtle Beach is a good option for headsets.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

It would be more accurate to say it caused problems on YOUR system. I currently have the G930 Wireless headset as well a Logitech Keyboard and Logitech mouse and I've NEVER had any actual driver problems from the Logical Gaming Software.. nor any of the errors you described.

I will admit that the software itself really suck and I'm not a big fan of it.. On paper it seems like it's a great idea having all your peripherals running the same single software package (headset, mouse, keyboard)... but in reality... if you do have any problems with the software... it can and will affect all your devices. One thing I have learned is.. updated drivers are not always the best ones to use because certain features are sometimes removed. That happened with my headset.. the pre-amp slider was disabled in future updates.. and I can't go back to a previous version without it affecting the versions for the mouse and keyboard.