Looking for a amplifier for speakers and sub-woofer

Shadownover

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
I am currently looking for a amplifier for some speakers and a subwoofer I have. I am using them for DJing, so I just need one white and red input. The speakers I will use are Jamo A 102 Satellite Speaker (86 dB sensitivity) and I have a LG subwoofer, I cant find the model number, but the website says that 70 Watts for the sub, both are passive (I am planning on getting better quality speakers later, but I have this to work with at the moment). talked to a person who is a sound engineer and they said that I would probably only need a mini stereo amp, as it doesn't have the extra inputs of the TV amps, and are considerably cheaper. I would like to spend as little as possible, but I do understand that they are somewhat expensive.

I am wondering whether I should go with a mini-amp or a full amp (+ and -'s) and depending on which, any recommendations on what models and brands are reliable. I did see on amazon (www.amazon.com/Lepai-LP-168HA-40-Watt-Amplifier-Output/dp/B0070Z87YO) Lepai LP-168HA which has a sub output and is extremely cheap, but I am worried It doesn't have enough power or it is bad quality. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
You will be running your amps near full volume most of the time (I suspect). I would look for a quality used multi-channel amp on eBay. A 5 channel home theater amp from B&K, Adcom, Sunfire, Carver, etc. Use two channels for the satellites and maybe bridge a two channels for the sub. Your mixer would have to handle all the volume and band pass filtering.

kanewolf

Judicious
You will be running your amps near full volume most of the time (I suspect). I would look for a quality used multi-channel amp on eBay. A 5 channel home theater amp from B&K, Adcom, Sunfire, Carver, etc. Use two channels for the satellites and maybe bridge a two channels for the sub. Your mixer would have to handle all the volume and band pass filtering.

Solution
If the LG sub is passive (no power cord) then you will need 3 channels of power. Here are some examples
http://www.parts-express.com/Search.aspx?keyword=2.1%20channel%20amp&sitesearch=true
of budget option. A real power amp would certainly be better if you budget allows.
As for quality and power you're using speakers that are not meant for DJing so if you had more power you would just blow them up. The power specs are for home not pro use

Shadownover

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015

I don't really turn up the volume very loud, as I live in a complex and I just generally don't like music pumped up very loud, about 82 dB is what I keep my volume at. I would prefer better quality than volume.

Shadownover

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015

I've had a look at eBay and have actually found some good amps for cheap around my area so I'm probably going to buy something from there. thanks for the help : D.