Looking for a budget gaming laptop

neocero

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Hello...
Basically what the title says. I know gaming and notebooks dont generally go hand in hand but i recently moved out and i cant really take my desktop pc to my new home because i dont have the space for it.
I dont mind playing in low, though i'd like to be able to play at high resolutions (1920*1080) at least in medium if possible.
I have a GTX 560 TI in my desktop pc. I know something like it in the mobile world would be rather expensive, and I'm not looking to spend more than 1000 USD. I'll really like to spend half that amount if possible though.
Size and weight are not really an issue, and I'm open to anything.
I play all sorts of game and i'd be using the notebook mostly for gaming. Some occasional movie, and also for hearing music. Having a good sound card (if thats even possible in notebooks) would also be a plus.
If you need me to add any more info just let me know.
Forgot to mention battery life. I don't care much for it since I'll mostly be using it plugged in.

Diox55

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014
There are some cheaper alternatives, but after some more thorough research that 819 dollar Y510 is a good deal. For 500 bucks, your only going to get Intel HD 4600, which is crap for gaming, and for 600-700 your either getting a 1-2 gig GDDR3 memory Nvidia, and the 800-1200 range is the sweet spot for budget gaming laptops anymore. The Y510 is a hell of a deal for 819 bucks, with enough power to last a few years.