tigishomen

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
Hello people, I would like to ask which microphone is best for my budget of $70 or less. These are what I have been looking at At2500, blue snowball, samson c01u, and the cad u37. I would like to ask which ones are the best.

Solution
honestly i'd go on youtube and listen to recording samples of the different microphones as this is the best way for you to figure out which you like the sound of.

quite simply all of the ones you listed are suggested microphones for people on a budget and any of them would work.

now, from what i've heard and the samples that i've listened to the c01u has decent quality but tends to pick up a bit more background noise than the snowball which is why i personally rated it below the snowball. some people have a volume issue on the snowball and i thought the 2500 sounded better which is why i rated it below the 2500.

issues i've heard of with the various models:
c01u - picks up more background noise
snowball - on some computers it seems...
my vote would personally go to the atr2500usb. its about 75-80% the voice quality of the better at2020 with somewhat lower build quality.

i would generally say the c01u is not quite as good as the snowball and the atr2500 is better than the snowball. not sure about the cadu37

tigishomen

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
Some people say that the c01u is so much better than the snowball tho. The only thing i dont really like about the atr is the look tho. grey finish looks weid to me and the cad u37 has gold which looks awkward too.

honestly i'd go on youtube and listen to recording samples of the different microphones as this is the best way for you to figure out which you like the sound of.

quite simply all of the ones you listed are suggested microphones for people on a budget and any of them would work.

now, from what i've heard and the samples that i've listened to the c01u has decent quality but tends to pick up a bit more background noise than the snowball which is why i personally rated it below the snowball. some people have a volume issue on the snowball and i thought the 2500 sounded better which is why i rated it below the 2500.

issues i've heard of with the various models:
c01u - picks up more background noise
snowball - on some computers it seems to be rather quiet sounding
atr2500 - build quality is fair but more fragile then the at2020 it is based on

your thoughts can of course vary from the above and how things were recorded can certainly influence the quality of the recordings.

i'd give the recordings a listen and see what you think and let us know your thoughts.

Solution