Looking for a camera to start a youtube channel

chetmaster12

Estimable
Jan 19, 2015
I have been looking for a camera to start a youtube channel.
I really like this option, but it is a bit more than I want to spend:

http://www.amazon.com/Recording-HDR-CX405-Camcorder-Camera-Replacement/dp/B00I52L1LW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1432418071&sr=8-3&keywords=Handycam

So I have done a bit of searching on Amazon and found these options:
http://www.amazon.com/Camcorder-Recording-Accessory-HeroFiber%C2%AE-Cleaning/dp/B00HUESJJI/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1432414135&sr=1-3&keywords=Camcorder

www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-Digital-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00HQ4W3OE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8
(With this one, it would need to buy a tripod and a good SD card)

Which one of these is better, or is there a better option that I did not list?

Solution
There are websites where they do just that - compare stuff. Here is the review for your favorite. And you will need tripod and storage medium for anyone of them.

My advice: Start with something cheap. See how your channel will start going. WHen you get positive cashflow from it, upgrade. You are goint to shoot yourself from four feet, so you don't need anything fancy. You better look at some lighting, backdrop, things like that.
There are websites where they do just that - compare stuff. Here is the review for your favorite. And you will need tripod and storage medium for anyone of them.

My advice: Start with something cheap. See how your channel will start going. WHen you get positive cashflow from it, upgrade. You are goint to shoot yourself from four feet, so you don't need anything fancy. You better look at some lighting, backdrop, things like that.

Solution

chetmaster12

Estimable
Jan 19, 2015

I don't really expect the channel to become popular, it is more of a hobby. I have lighting and sound worked out, just need a decent camcorder for the thing. Do you think that I should get a camcorder that supports recording in 1080p, or is 720p good enough?