Looking for a cheap gaming laptop.

SnapperMagoo

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Hey guys!

I've looked over tons of the same thread on here, but all I am seeing is answers stating that it is impossible in my price-range to get a good laptop to game effectively on, please take time to look at the links I provided and the specifications I would like.

I'm in the market for a cheap gaming laptop, here's what I am looking for.

1. What is your budget?

$500 - $700

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

I was thinking around a 15 inch screen, but if its a good computer I'll go higher or lower.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

It doesn't matter TOO much, but I prefer a good resolution!

5. How much battery life do you need?

Bigger the better.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Med-High is what I am looking for, I play Skyrim, Battlefield 3-4, Black ops 2, Modern warfare 3, Cod ghosts, Arma 2-3 (Dayz also), and Minecraft.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Just basic web browsing. Nothing special.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Bigger the better.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

I'm open to any website. Usually buy from Amazon though.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

As long as I can. Preferably more then 1-2 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD drive.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I'm open to any brands.

13. What country do you live in?

United States.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'm sure people will say "Oh dude, no computers in that price-range will handle games" But that is completely false. I have done some research, and have two computers I have been looking at for a little bit.

First one is the Acer Aspire V3-551G-X419 Amazon http://goo.gl/ySQw00 ]Link[/url]. The second is the Acer Aspire V5-552G-X414 Amazon Link

I wanted to know your opinions on each laptop, and which one you guys think is better, and if you have any other suggested laptops I can view!

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hey SnapperMagoo!
I looked at both of those laptops and the Acer Aspire V5 is the better of the 2 because of the extra .2 ghz however you will have a half of hour less battery life compared to the V3. Hopefully you're willing to trade battery life for performance. As for other laptops I would suggest the samsung NP700Z5C. It has great performance but for that it lowers battery life. It's is about 640 dollars. Here is a link if you want to check it out.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/notebook-computers/high-performance/NP700Z5C-S03UK

cupAsoup

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
Acer are in those price ranges for a reason, they are cheap. Those AMD machines you linked can barely be called gaming machines with their low power graphics, crummy processors, and only 6GB of ram. If you "did your research" like you so proudly claim, why even bother posting? No, for 500-700 you can NOT get a good gaming machine, you can get a machine that will play some games. Low graphics is in your future with the high end games you want to play. Good luck.

SnapperMagoo

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013

I didnt mean to come off as some proud jerk in any way, but thanks for the input.

V0RTEX

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Hey SnapperMagoo!
I looked at both of those laptops and the Acer Aspire V5 is the better of the 2 because of the extra .2 ghz however you will have a half of hour less battery life compared to the V3. Hopefully you're willing to trade battery life for performance. As for other laptops I would suggest the samsung NP700Z5C. It has great performance but for that it lowers battery life. It's is about 640 dollars. Here is a link if you want to check it out.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/notebook-computers/high-performance/NP700Z5C-S03UK

Solution

V0RTEX

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

Defainty, the samsung one has more ram, better processor and it has better graphics. It also has more storage.

SnapperMagoo

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Hey V0RTEX, I have another question, and anyone can answer this. But I looked on a XOTIC PC website. I upped my price a bit, I'm going for under $800 now. I found this laptop for around $775, wanted to know what sort of games you or anyone else thought would run on this MSI GP60 2OD-052US Thanks for all the help so far,

V0RTEX

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

The graphics card is better and the cpu is newer but it isn't as strong as the i7. Its your choice in the end. Cpu vs graphics card.