Looking for a future-proof higher end gaming laptop

alaric728

Honorable
May 25, 2013
I'm looking to buy a well made gaming laptop that will last me about 3 to 4 years with minimal upgrades and maintenance. I have no budget, but I'd like for it to be priced reasonably, hopefully below $ 3,000. I'd like it to play most current games at near-max settings, and have it be able to run future games at medium towards the end of its life cycle. I've been looking at offerings from MSi and ASUS, but I'm sure there are better selections out there. Thank you for your time!

alaric728

Honorable
May 25, 2013
quotemsg=10860298,0,951728]1. why? why not getting a very good 1000$-1300$ gaming laptop that will run many many games on very high settings, sometimes max settings and replace it in 2, 3 years? the hardware gets better not only in terms of power but also lower power consumption, lower weight, lower heat, better screens, faster HDDs..

2. best gaming laptops for their price, in terms of gaming performance to price

3. Specifically, if you are ok with a 17.3" gaming laptop - you can get the iBuyPower CZ-17 from newegg for 1290$ which is very good deal: GTX 675MX, 16GB DDR3, 1080p screen[/quotemsg]

Thank you for the response. I never said it had to be a high price, but i see what you're saying about future hardware and computer capabilities, though honestly I'd like the laptop to run for as long as possible, and I'll be purchasing it based upon that fact. I don't plan nor wish to replace the computer when better hardware comes about unless absolutely necessary, and even then I'd prefer to upgrade its components. Thank you for the recommendation and the response!

alaric728

Honorable
May 25, 2013