Looking For A Gaming Laptop

famillybaror

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017
Hello All,
I am looking for a gaming laptop that I can use for work and play on the go. I have some requirements so if someone could recommend a laptop that fits most or all of my requirements that would be great!

- A GTX 1050Ti or GTX 1050 (NOT a GTX 1060)
- A i7 or i5 8th Gen (7th and 6th gen are ok as well)
- A 15.6 inch or smaller screen
- Decent battery life for work (4-6 hours)
- Preferably fans under 50da while gaming

If anyone has any suggestions that would really help me out. Thanks :D

Solution
Any number of gaming laptops will fit your specifications an most areas... except for the battery life. It is going to be pretty darn hard to get that kind of battery life with an i5 or i7 HQ CPU. However, there are some good deals out there. Dell has some attractive looking low end gaming laptops for reasonable prices. Lenovo has some as well. I've got the Acer Predator Helios 300 which doesn't fit your specs at all... and I paid about $850 on it refurbed.

I'm a fan of the new Dell G series and a G3 or G5 would probably do you well. They are running the 8th gen i5 and i7 chips and have graphics options in the 1050 to 1060 range, with most models having the 1050Ti. If I were you, I'd start my search there. Although... I'm not sure...

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Any number of gaming laptops will fit your specifications an most areas... except for the battery life. It is going to be pretty darn hard to get that kind of battery life with an i5 or i7 HQ CPU. However, there are some good deals out there. Dell has some attractive looking low end gaming laptops for reasonable prices. Lenovo has some as well. I've got the Acer Predator Helios 300 which doesn't fit your specs at all... and I paid about $850 on it refurbed.

I'm a fan of the new Dell G series and a G3 or G5 would probably do you well. They are running the 8th gen i5 and i7 chips and have graphics options in the 1050 to 1060 range, with most models having the 1050Ti. If I were you, I'd start my search there. Although... I'm not sure about fan noise.

Solution

Bluesh1ft

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Hello. There is most certainly gaming laptops that fit your needs. The price will be somewhat outrageous for the parts inside the laptop but that's to be expected on a gaming laptop. Anyway. Go on newegg and just search "Laptop" and on the left side there will be categories. Change it to gaming laptop and use the filters on the left in order to narrow it down to what you would like.