Looking for a good headset

kanit2009

Estimable
May 8, 2015
so my budget is £160, i live in britain, i need a nice headset, i would prefer it to be wired, and for it to have a mic OR you could suggest a mic and an headset that would = the budget, any suggestions would be great, thanks so much!

Solution
if you were keen on going with a headphone + microphone option and your budget is a bit flexible (or if you own a powerful soundcard already) the dt990 is a good price in UK. the modmic is a good microphone option. you would however need some manner of powering them be it a good quality soundcard like the Z or an external headphone amplifier.

if you would prefer a closed headphone, the dt770 is cheaper and could be substituted. it would also be easier to drive (power) than the dt990. a xonar dg can do it barely although something a bit nicer would be suggested.

if that does not strike your fancy, the sennheiser game one is not a bad choice (based on the hd598) and would be around budget it seems.

the game zero is a closed headset and...
if you were keen on going with a headphone + microphone option and your budget is a bit flexible (or if you own a powerful soundcard already) the dt990 is a good price in UK. the modmic is a good microphone option. you would however need some manner of powering them be it a good quality soundcard like the Z or an external headphone amplifier.

if you would prefer a closed headphone, the dt770 is cheaper and could be substituted. it would also be easier to drive (power) than the dt990. a xonar dg can do it barely although something a bit nicer would be suggested.

if that does not strike your fancy, the sennheiser game one is not a bad choice (based on the hd598) and would be around budget it seems.

the game zero is a closed headset and is not bad either but is not up to the quality of the one. i think the zero comes with a soundcard though but for the one you may want a xonar dg at minimum but do check if the one comes with one or not

as a fallback the hyper x cloud is not bad, but not up to the level of the zero or hifi headphones.

the other high quality headset options like the beyer mmx300, audiotechnica adg1 and sennheiser pc363d are all out of budget. what you are left with would be standard "gaming" headsets which while not all of them sound bad can be rather hit or miss on build quality or audio quality. some are good, some are terrible depending on your preferences.

Solution