Looking for a good laptop for school and gaming

furon747

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015
So as the title says, I am looking for a good laptop to use for both school and gaming. It seems that every laptop ever on this earth is either dirt cheap with awful specs, or decently priced with some catch that basically ruins the thought that the laptop is good. I'm talking a situation where the entire computer is great but the design doesn't feel sturdy, the speakers suck, low battery life; things that are, in my opinion, a bit debilitating to the laptop as a whole. I'm looking for a laptop that will work with these preferences:

-Medium to high amount gaming. I have a console but will still play a good amount everyday.

-Good battery life that will allow a reasonable amount of gaming and a good amount of web browsing/ video watching (YouTube).

-All around good sturdy design with little to no little flaws about the external features, look, weight, etc.

-Nothing too bulky. Around a standard size would be nice

-Nothing too unreasonably heavy either; I will be carrying this around my college.

-A number pad (to the right of the keyboard, it's a personal preference)

-Non-crappy speakers

-Able to handle games at normal settings and a little bit higher. Like a very small amount higher.

-Run games smoothly. I'm not an FPS freak and don't want 60 FPS for all of my games, but I still want it to run well

BUDGET: $1200-$1300
I understand above might be very steep, but any help would be very appreciated. Please also if any could reassure me if a 2 Gig video card as well as 8 Gigs of Ram is enough for standard to better gaming. Thank you all so much.

I personally would not recommend that Lenovo Y50. An 860M can't play any games at 4k resolutions, plus half of the reviews are around 1-3 eggs.