Looking for a good note taking tablet

jbray241

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
What is the best windows 8 tablet for taking notes (with a stylus)? I am looking for a tablet to replace my laptop entirely. I am not really interested in processor power as I don't plan on gaming or video editing. My primary concern is how well I will be able to take notes on it.

*I should specify that I am a science major so I am looking for a tablet that actually writes precisely (for diagrams) not just converts my writing into text well.*

I know people who use the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 and am seriously considering it since the price has lowered significantly since its release. Is there anything that you guys would have me seriously consider over this?

Extra Question. Is buying the "non stylus version" and then purchasing a separate stylus any different than buying the "stylus version"? Is the "stylus version" tablet any different from the non stylus tablet?

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
First of all it wont make any difference to buy non stylus version. You can use any other stylus

And here's my recommendation
Dell Venue 8 Pro 32 GB Tablet (Windows 8.1)- $255
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Venue-Pro-Tablet-Windows/dp/B00FEE7B1I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1393225410&sr=8-3&keywords=windows+8+tablet+stylus

Stylus and Case for it- $10
http://www.amazon.com/Kamor%C2%AE-Dell-Venue-Case-Built-/dp/B00HF9324K/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1393225410&sr=8-11&keywords=windows+8+tablet+stylus

To convert your handwriting to text on your tablet, follow these steps:

1. Tap any place that accepts text — an e-mail, a Word document, an entry in a calendar — even the name of a new file you’re saving.

2. If the handwriting panel doesn’t appear, tap the taskbar’s Keyboard icon.

3. If a keyboard appears instead of the handwriting panel, tap the Switch Keyboard icon and choose the Stylus option.
The handwriting panel appears.

4. Begin writing in the handwriting panel, either in cursive, block letters, or even a combination.
As you write, Windows quickly begins recognizing the separate words, listing them in order along the panel’s left edge. After you’ve written a short phrase, tap the Insert button. Windows inserts the words as text.