Looking for a Laptop for less than $400 CAD

Jul 8, 2018
Hey, first time poster, and looking for some advice, I'm looking for a laptop for school stuff and streaming. Not going to be doing anything super intensive, just taking notes, light coding, maybe playing around in audacity or paint.net, browsing social media, and streaming Netflix or YouTube. I've been searching Amazon and BestBuy all day, but can't seem to find anything. This is most likely because I have very little knowledge on Laptop/Notebook CPUs. 4gb of RAM would be the bare minimum I'd like and, at least 100gb Hard/Solid State drive space. I've noticed that laptops are marketed towards people who aren't very adept in the subject of computers, and they throw words like RAM around and price something that you could get out of a desktop for $450 for $700. HD resolution would be nice but 1080p isin't a necessity. Also not against buying used/refurbished as long as its from a reputable seller.

Thanks

Solution
At that price point, I'd recommend a laptop with an Intel i3-6100 or i3-7100 processor, 8GB of RAM memory and a 500GB to 1TB harddrive. Finding a solid state drive (SSD) at that price will be hard. Any major brand will be OK - Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. A certified manufacturer refurb would be OK, too. I'd stay away from used.

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
At that price point, I'd recommend a laptop with an Intel i3-6100 or i3-7100 processor, 8GB of RAM memory and a 500GB to 1TB harddrive. Finding a solid state drive (SSD) at that price will be hard. Any major brand will be OK - Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. A certified manufacturer refurb would be OK, too. I'd stay away from used.

Solution