Looking for a laptop for lightweight gaming.

Elisex

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Hey, guys! I'll keep this short: I'm going to university in the UK in September, and I'd like to purchase a laptop for light gaming, watching shows, completing assignments, and so on. The games I play the most are emulated PS1 and Nintendo games, and Stardew Valley on steam. I also play a lot of Okami.

Total budget and country of purchase: Anywhere in Europe, though I'll consider the US as well. Maximum EUR800. I'd prefer it to be Windows, and below 15'' inches, though I'm amenable to bigger. Bonus for a non-touchscreen laptop. I have a fondness for ASUS brands. I was looking at the UX305 and the UX303, but I'd like other recommendations as well.

Solution
The UX305 is pretty decent! However, if i'm buying a laptop, i'd buy a one that's good enough to play some of the latest games, in case I have a sudden urge to try them out, since I too play on emulators quite a lot (Chrono Trigger <3)

You could look at the Lenovo Y50-70 or the Asus ROG GL552JX. They're both powerful, and well-priced for gaming laptops. The HP Pavilion 15 AK007TX is also really good.

Good luck!

heavensdown

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
The UX305 is pretty decent! However, if i'm buying a laptop, i'd buy a one that's good enough to play some of the latest games, in case I have a sudden urge to try them out, since I too play on emulators quite a lot (Chrono Trigger <3)

You could look at the Lenovo Y50-70 or the Asus ROG GL552JX. They're both powerful, and well-priced for gaming laptops. The HP Pavilion 15 AK007TX is also really good.

Good luck!

Solution