Looking for a laptop for school and gaming

G

Thought I had my choices narrowed down but I've kind of eliminated both...looking for suggestions.

1. What is your budget? Around $1600 (before tax)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17"...nothing else

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable is nice, but I want some power under the hood. My current laptop is a 17" around 7 pounds and it doesn't bother me.

5. How much battery life do you need? 3-4 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I play a lot of modern games and like higher settings. Playing the Witcher 2, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, BF4 and a bunch of others right now. Im thinking a GTX 770M or 870M might be what I need....?

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) School work; I will be in an IT Network Admin program

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Would like a SSD for the operating system at least with some additional space for other programs; 750gb or more secondary.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Dont care, Must be in Canada.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Basic, no blue ray.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I will not buy another HP or Acer/Gateway...my last two lemons.

13. What country do you live in? Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I have never had a laptop last me very long...I would really like a good warranty. I would prefer some place I could just drop it off, but most do shipping. I do not want to pay to ship a broken laptop under warranty....that would piss me off!

I thought the MSI GT70 would be up my alley, but the paying o ship it to the states for a warranty claim is ridiculous. I considered the Toshiba Qosmio, but read that it has overheating issues (which is what always kills my laptops). Asus seems to be out of my budget for what I want...

Thoughts?

G

Well...nevermind. Seems that MSI has a Canadian repair depot about 30 minutes from my house. If I ever have any issues I can just bring it there. MSI GT70 it is!