Looking for a laptop! Used or Refurb $400-500 Business style

UltimateFixer

Estimable
May 6, 2015
Thanks for your time helping me!! :)
I like the dell E6400, theirs a billion of em out there... I can buy one just for parts for 50$ :ange: there are lots of videos on part replacements (like keyboards... CPU cooling fan..) I wouldn't mind replacing parts, i will be EXPECTING parts to break on a used or refurbished computer. The problem is that the 2 core 2.6ghz processer which im guessing has some crummy integrated GPU is just not enough power. I will be playing, minecraft, some league of legends, and i will be doing some video editing... I currently have a Toshiba satellite with i3 3120M 4g RAM 500gb HDD Integrated HD 4000 graphics

On a used or refurb pc I want to buy I dont give a crap about, ram, or hdd... I can easily replace those.... I care about CPU and GPU, I wont mind integreated graphics... I would just like the laptops CPU and GPU (or integrated graphics) to be the same or more power than my i3 3120m with Integrated HD 4000 graphics... Is there a dell business laptop that you can pick up used or refurb for 400$ that has a similar or mroe powerful CPU, GPU than my current laptop?

THANK YOU!!!!

Quote:
1. What is your budget?

$400-500$

Quote:
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Any size will be considered

Quote:
3. What screen resolution do you want?

Doesn't matter much.

Quote:
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

desktop replacement laptop

Quote:
5. How much battery life do you need?

2 hours would be a minimum.

Quote:
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?

Minecraft, LOL, not a ton though...

Quote:
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?

Light Video editing

Quote:
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

I'll quite likely replace any existing HDD, so that's not a big deal.

Quote:
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Craiglist, Ebay

Quote:
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

I keep my laptops forever. ;)

Quote:
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Don't really need any of them. USB drives are incredibly cheap.

Quote:
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Dell

Quote:
13. What country do you live in?

US

Quote:
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Ill be expecting parts to break on used or refurbished laptop.... Id like it to be a popular laptop so I can find tutorials for replacing parts and parts..

Solution
Not sure why you are asking here, why not just do a search on eBay for a Dell Core i5 laptop? You seem to know exactly what you want, should be easy to find once you get past that. Lenovo T420 should also match what you want pretty well, so will the workstation version the W510 or 520 and those will be faster, especially for games.
Not sure why you are asking here, why not just do a search on eBay for a Dell Core i5 laptop? You seem to know exactly what you want, should be easy to find once you get past that. Lenovo T420 should also match what you want pretty well, so will the workstation version the W510 or 520 and those will be faster, especially for games.

Solution

UltimateFixer

Estimable
May 6, 2015

I ended up getting a dell e6520.. off of ebay... Thanks though