Looking for a lightweight laptop

scarecrows168

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
I'm looking for a slim/lightweight laptop for school. For the most part it will only be used for Chrome and Ms word/onenote. Also, I want to do some pretty light gaming on the side like hearthstone, and League of legends.

Currently, I'm looking into the i7 HP Spectre and the base model macbook pro. So that is about where my budget is.

I recently returned the surface book because it simply got too hot under, what I consider, low demand (2 tabs, onenote, and hearthstone). It reached about 90°C and was damn near full cpu load. (Maybe I got a bad one?)

Anyone have experience with the aforementioned laptops, or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Solution
Laptops doing nothing usually hover around 60 degrees ..........game on a desktop if at all possible and use laptops for portability, that what it was actually made for and in truth for CEO type people constantly on the move for business purposes doing number crunching and replying to irritating board members. If you really want to game you fork out more for graphics power and i5 not a i7 with a lower graphics card. If you find an i7 which is a true i7 with proper 4 cores and top notch gfx in a laptop which is the same price as i5 with the same type gfx or specs wise then you buy the i7.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
Laptops doing nothing usually hover around 60 degrees ..........game on a desktop if at all possible and use laptops for portability, that what it was actually made for and in truth for CEO type people constantly on the move for business purposes doing number crunching and replying to irritating board members. If you really want to game you fork out more for graphics power and i5 not a i7 with a lower graphics card. If you find an i7 which is a true i7 with proper 4 cores and top notch gfx in a laptop which is the same price as i5 with the same type gfx or specs wise then you buy the i7.

Solution