Looking for a low budget laptop for League of Legends.

G

Hi all, I'm really hoping you guys can help me. I have asked in the League forums, friends and also other forums. With not much luck.

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
I am looking for a low budget laptop ($500 and less) in my area to STRICTLY play League of Legends.
I had a big monster gaming desktop that I had for almost 5 years. It served me well and now I sold it. A little bit too early, because now I am left with nothing.
So, I am a bit desperate, but also don't want to make a foolish purchase.

I have gamed for a long time and now I just want a portable laptop I can have in my home (always plugged into the wall and Internet) that I can just have League of Legends on, and maybe browse the Internet/ facebook once and awhile.
I would like to buy a seperate hard drive for all my movies that I can plug into and play once and awhile.
But I'm sure if the laptop can play League it will play a movie or show. Saved on a seperate device.

What I'm trying to say is, there won't be anything else to take up room/ speed on it.
I just want a sleek little machine I can dedicate to LoL.
I don't need to play in max settings,
Low-medium is fine but I don't want to have a lag problem.
It will always be plugged in, so battery/ Internet strength isn't an issue.

My confusion comes from:
Dedicated graphics card?
1ghz-2.0?
Ram?

I know these specificstions are listed,
But with me not Beeing computer savy, I don't know what is the best "bang for my buck" in my area?

I am up to best buy or future shop,
But from what I have seen kijiji offers better deals. I just don't know wich is best.
http://www.kijiji.ca/h-gta-greater-toronto-area/1700272

Thank you very much for your time, and I will check back often, since I want to grab this within the next few days.

Solution
hello there i am a fellow league of legends player myself and at that price point you would need a laptop with an intel hd graphics 4000 and you could run league on low settings with shadows off and could achieve 60fps and maybe medium but at lower fps if your lucky now to answer some of your questions a dedicated graphics card means that it has a separate graphics card just for gaming purposes most low end "cheap" laptops have integrated graphics for the display and basic usage, what i can recommend is save up your money for a laptop with a core I7 and 8gb of ram now with a price point of 500$ you would probably wanna find a laptop with a core I5 and atleast 4gb of ram hope this helps feel free to ask me any other questions

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there i am a fellow league of legends player myself and at that price point you would need a laptop with an intel hd graphics 4000 and you could run league on low settings with shadows off and could achieve 60fps and maybe medium but at lower fps if your lucky now to answer some of your questions a dedicated graphics card means that it has a separate graphics card just for gaming purposes most low end "cheap" laptops have integrated graphics for the display and basic usage, what i can recommend is save up your money for a laptop with a core I7 and 8gb of ram now with a price point of 500$ you would probably wanna find a laptop with a core I5 and atleast 4gb of ram hope this helps feel free to ask me any other questions

Solution