Looking for a new laptop

Aug 23, 2018
I am an aspiring game developer, as in I am just starting on this. I have been using programs such as Unity, Maya, Mudbox and other programs with similar style, however my laptop often can't handle these programs without glitching or freezing way more often than it should. I am looking to buy a new laptop(can't go with a home PC because I am always moving). I need a laptop that can handle these kinds of tasks without a problem and that I could also play AAA games without a hitch. I do not care about battery life or size of the laptop and my budget is under 2000$. Anyone has any suggestions?

Solution
There are a lot of good systems in your price range, take a look at www.xoticpc.com, my favorite site to sort through gaming laptops. You can also customize them with disk size, RAM amount, pretty much anything you can think of. Anything in your price range will be good, you just need to decide some things like screen size, CPU vs Video Card speed, drive type and size...

If you are not worried about size of systems, this one should be good https://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8374-clevo.html for use with the laptop screen as the main screen. If you will be using it with a monitor often, then a 15.6" model would be better. For the model I linked, I would upgrade the M.2 drive in it to a 500 GB since it's only a $100 upgrade and you will...
There are a lot of good systems in your price range, take a look at www.xoticpc.com, my favorite site to sort through gaming laptops. You can also customize them with disk size, RAM amount, pretty much anything you can think of. Anything in your price range will be good, you just need to decide some things like screen size, CPU vs Video Card speed, drive type and size...

If you are not worried about size of systems, this one should be good https://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8374-clevo.html for use with the laptop screen as the main screen. If you will be using it with a monitor often, then a 15.6" model would be better. For the model I linked, I would upgrade the M.2 drive in it to a 500 GB since it's only a $100 upgrade and you will have a lot more space for files/programs.

Solution