looking for a new laptop

Solution
The first 2 choices would be the best. There is not a lot of difference between the 760 and 950, so unless driver support is bad for the 760 they are going to perform fairly equal. The one thing I noticed about the first one is that it has a bluray burner/player, which means it probably has playback software installed. So, that adds some decent value ($100+ USD) to the G56jr. I didn't see any battery information, but the gtx760m does use less power than the 950, so it may also last longer on the battery if they are both equipped with the same battery. I would go with the g56jr being that the gl552jx is only a little more powerful, but uses more electricity and doesn't come with the bluray burner. My vote goes to the cheaper g56jr. Hope...

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
The first 2 choices would be the best. There is not a lot of difference between the 760 and 950, so unless driver support is bad for the 760 they are going to perform fairly equal. The one thing I noticed about the first one is that it has a bluray burner/player, which means it probably has playback software installed. So, that adds some decent value ($100+ USD) to the G56jr. I didn't see any battery information, but the gtx760m does use less power than the 950, so it may also last longer on the battery if they are both equipped with the same battery. I would go with the g56jr being that the gl552jx is only a little more powerful, but uses more electricity and doesn't come with the bluray burner. My vote goes to the cheaper g56jr. Hope this helps!

Solution

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
No problem, I'm sure either choice will make you a happy mobile gamer! Use the money you save if you go with the g56jr and get an ssd then use the factory hdd for backup/storage. If you do get an ssd, don't get the Kingston v300.

Rohan77

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
can u tell me if i can play gta V, call of duty advanced warfare , assassins creed unity , far cry 4 , etc on 1080p or 900p at med or high settings. and please suggest me a few more awesome open world games.

thanks in advance

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
You should be able to play those all at the settings you're after. GTA V does have some issues with launching with some dual graphics systems, not sure if there is a fix yet or if it will even be a problem for you. A.C. Unity should play at least medium @900, MAYBE 1080p. Fallout 4 is coming out soon as well as Metal Gear Solid V in about a month. Both of those will likely be contenders for game of the year. Some people like Saints Row 4 better than GTA V. It's like GTA, but more comical and you'll get superpowers. L.A. Noire is kind of open world, and has fun crime solving elements to it, but not much world interaction. Skyrim, of course. Mass Effect is a pretty topnotch series as well. Dead Island or State of Decay are fun if you're into Zombie Apocalypse games. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Rohan77

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015