Looking for a new PC for school (Bachelor of Engineering: Information Technology)

Asdqwerty

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
Hello,

I will start studying again (ICT stuff) in a month after a long break and my school told me I will need to buy a laptop. I haven't been following latest development in laptop hardware so I am totally clueless.
The school didn't tell much about the minimum specs required, other than >6gb RAM, good CPU and display.

I already have a high end desktop PC that I build few years back. I am looking for a laptop that will last for 4 years till I graduate.

The info:
1. What is your budget?
~800 euros

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13-15''

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Full HD, not 4k

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
powerful enough to do the job but not heavy (more than 2.5kg)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Casual gaming every now and then, Mostly source games on medium settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
ICT coding, 3D modelling, Photo editing, Digital drawing, etc

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Enough to last 4 years.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
through my studies (4 years)

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None

13. What country do you live in?
Finland

I have been browsing various websites for good laptop offers and so far I came across with this:
Asus F550JK-DM205H 15.6''. It does not have a SDD which I will buy and add myself, the price is currently 850e. I know the graphics card is a bit lame but it has 8GB ram and a decent CPU(?).
Every other laptop I found with similar stats cost about 1k euros.