Looking for a premium laptop in Japan

Carl Ekwall

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
Hello,

my old Acer laptops screen just broke and I am therefore in the market for a new notebook. I will use it for some lighter gaming (Dota 2, Starcraft 2, CS:GO), schoolwork, movies and also some CAD. I prefer 13 inch or 15 inch notebooks.

I am moving to Japan in one week and I have been scanning the market and I noticed that Macs are relatively cheap in Japan and therefore I started looking into the Macbook Pro 13 retina. The 8GB RAM and 256 GB SSD version is available for 132 440 yen = 1295 USD.

After having to deal with the poor quality of my Acer laptop I´m interested in something in the ultrabook category and I guess the Mac would fill this need. However, I would rather prefer a Windows notebook, since I´m used to it, with on par/better graphics for the same price. I also don´t really have the need for the retina display,

But after looking for a Windows notebook similar to the Macbook Pro I haven´t really found anything that suits my needs. Of course there´s the Razer blade 14, but it doesn´t match the price and is not available in Japan.

So my question is, are there any Macbook Pro alternatives for the same price or am I better of going for the Mac and in that case would I survive on the integrated graphics for the tasks that I´ve listed.

I am very happy for all the help I may receive and I apologize for any spelling mistakes or if I have placed the thread in the wrong place (first time posting).

Here is a Japanese price listing website where you can check for Windows Notebooks, if you could leave a suggestion I would be very happy :)
http://kakaku.com/pc/note-pc/

Hello man

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013

I use one myself. Check my sig. Its great. About half the overall performance of my 4.5 GHZ 8 core 120 watt gaming PC. Plays games like LOL (league) great.