Looking for a program that can...

voxgm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Hi im in search of a program that I can search the web, facebook, youtube, ect all from the desktop. I seen bing desktop but I try to stay away from things that will bog down my pc or cause virus issues. Anyone know of a low resource program that has such capabilities?

Solution
While I do not use Bing desktop, I find it hard to guess that Microsoft would make something that causes virus issues for the users of its own operating system.

If you have Windows Vista or 7 you may be able to use a desktop gadget to have a desktop search as well.

nukemaster

Distinguished
While I do not use Bing desktop, I find it hard to guess that Microsoft would make something that causes virus issues for the users of its own operating system.

If you have Windows Vista or 7 you may be able to use a desktop gadget to have a desktop search as well.

Solution

voxgm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Iv just heard a lot about bing toolbar causing visus like issues. But your right. Cant believe everything you hear so ill just give it a try. Thanks for the response

nukemaster

Distinguished
Make a restore point first if you wish. It would NOT be in the best interest for Microsoft to virus its users.

Now do ensure you are getting this search from Bing/Microsoft. For instance the Windows Store has lots of 3rd party apps named to look like they are from another company, but they always show the actual company that makes it too.