looking for a solution to fix hardware problems

Rounak Poddar

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015
My hp pavilion notebook is having problems. The problem is that the laptop after booting is continously getting hanged. I am a student so i need the laptop regulary in class. Please give me a soln to fix this problem. The laptop runs on windows 8.1

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Scan for viruses and malware. Use Malwarebytes from Malwarebytes.org and enable the rootkit scan option. Use Avast or AVG free to scan for viruses. Use ADWCleaner too. If you go to bleepingcomputer.com there is a section on removing viruses and malware that is helpful.

If these scans find issues then that might be your problem. If everything comes back clean then we need to look elsewhere.

fcnealvillangca

Estimable
May 11, 2015

I already repaired a problem liked that from my friend's computer... here is the solution

1. save the important files on a USB.
2. buy a windows 7 instead of 8.1 then reformat it... (it's okay to use windows 8 again but I recommend 7 because you are still a student right?)
3. install "bit defender antivirus plus" because it's better than any anti virus... avast is very weak... if you dont have a budget try eset NOD...
4. you could install DeepFreeze for you to prevent this problem from happening again..

I recommend you to reformat because even if you install an antivirus in an infected system... you wont remove some viruses. that's why reformat then deep freeze... if you deepfreezed your computer all files should be in usb not in computer okay?

but before that give me your specs..