looking for a solution to my lenovo g500 laptop

Richard_167

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
My lenovo g500 is at 62% but once I remove the adapter, it goes off. Please can u help me. Ac adapter works perfectly but once I remove the adapter, I can't on the laptop while battery is connected. It all started when I had power failure and my laptop went off even though the power was at 74% at the time. Now it won't even turn on while on battery but once I connect the ac adapter, it powers buy shows battery is charging but goes off again once I take out adapter. Please I really need your help.

Richard

Solution
It sounds like your battery has had it. It can say it has a charge when it isn't really able to charge. When a battery is going, it holds less and less of a charge. So while it tells you there is that % it may well be only registering that, even though the battery can't charge that far.

A good way to test is trying to charge the battery, with the laptop off, and see how long it takes to get to full. If it even shows as full at all.
It sounds like your battery has had it. It can say it has a charge when it isn't really able to charge. When a battery is going, it holds less and less of a charge. So while it tells you there is that % it may well be only registering that, even though the battery can't charge that far.

A good way to test is trying to charge the battery, with the laptop off, and see how long it takes to get to full. If it even shows as full at all.

Solution