Looking for a TV for PC gaming :)

BobaFandango

Estimable
Oct 25, 2015
Hey guys,

As I'm waiting for my x51 to arrive, I wanted to ask what's a good TV to hook it up to. I've heard about the "60 is the same as 120 ref rate" argument, but is it really true? The rig probably won't be able to handle 4K, and I'm not really looking for that, but with 4K TVs being so cheap I might as well get one. Price range is somewhere about 600 euros, could be less. Vizio isn't an option, since I'm in Europe.

Regards and thanks!

Kurt16

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015
120Hz monitor has the capability to display up to 120FPS but the 60Hz monitor is limited to only 60FPS therefore 120Hz monitor is much smoother and its noticeable especially on videos that are in slow motion. Anyway, why TV? PC monitors are best for gaming since they have better Pixel density and much faster response time than that on TV's .

Samet90

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015
Me as a gamer i really think that there is a difference between 60Hz and 120Hz if you want to play games on your couch go for a TV, if your going to play on your desk go for a gaming monitor with more then 100 Hz

BobaFandango

Estimable
Oct 25, 2015
I really would like to play on the couch, get that console experience, you know? And moreover It's the only place where I can setup a viable gaming rig. So I'm set on a TV for now even if it gives me a bit less quality than the monitor. So can you guys recommend a good TV. I've seen a few, but can't make up my mind. One is a Samsung JU6200, which has really good reviews and a dedicated Game Mode. Low input lag too. 120 Hz is probably not gonna be needed, since I'm not after the Ultra silky smooth settings, nor can my rig handle it.