Looking for budget headphones under 80 dollars

FreeFourAll

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I am looking to step in to nicer headphones. I have a pair of Beats Solos that are rather muddy sounding and a gaming headset that sounds tinny. I was looking at the Grado SR-60i, Koss ProDJ 100, Audio Technica ATH-M30, or Sony MDR V6. Are any of these of decent sound quality? I like to game for a long while and listen to mixed music genres. Also, would it be worth getting a sound card, I have mixed feelings about them.

ssddx

Glorious
what about the ath-m50? definitely a much better upgrade than the m30.

ebay auction 4 days left $41 currently
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Headband-Headphones-Black-/111250140633?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item19e7066dd9

and a few more there as well... you might be able to get a pair for $80 or perhaps a bit over new.

the cheapest buy it now price is $97 though thats still a good deal (with free shipping too) and its a major step up from the m30 and well worth the extra cash.

i personally own the m50s and i got my brother the m30s for xmas... and while not a bad set of headphones the m50 is quite a bit better and for $17 more than your budget (or less if you get it on auction for cheap) its well worth it.

of course just my opinion and suggestion.

ssddx

Glorious
what about the ath-m50? definitely a much better upgrade than the m30.

ebay auction 4 days left $41 currently
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Headband-Headphones-Black-/111250140633?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item19e7066dd9

and a few more there as well... you might be able to get a pair for $80 or perhaps a bit over new.

the cheapest buy it now price is $97 though thats still a good deal (with free shipping too) and its a major step up from the m30 and well worth the extra cash.

i personally own the m50s and i got my brother the m30s for xmas... and while not a bad set of headphones the m50 is quite a bit better and for $17 more than your budget (or less if you get it on auction for cheap) its well worth it.

of course just my opinion and suggestion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hyperlxrd Audio 1
M Audio 1
C Audio 2
M Audio 4
kaotictherium Audio 4
Seoxis Audio 2
A Audio 1
A Audio 2
C Audio 9
UbieAnton Audio 3
J Audio 2