Looking for camera for shooting hand postures and gestures

insights

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015
Hi! I need to purchase a camera with really good parameters at or above midrange price. I'll use it especially for shooting photos of different hand postures and meditative gestures (some close-ups). Sometimes I'm going to shoot videos showing dynamics (how-to-do) of gestures and fluent movements mostly done by hands.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Solution
I think you mean kinematics (movement) of gestures rather than dynamics (underlying forces).

That aside, you don't really need a great camera for that, rather any reasonable point and shoot and then a good lightbox setup. Don't spend too much more than $150 on a point and shoot with 720p/60Hz (Canon, Nikon, and Sony all have good enough cameras), and then spend the rest of your budget on a lightbox and some continuous lighting (perhaps even strobed LEDs if you want crisp single frames)
I think you mean kinematics (movement) of gestures rather than dynamics (underlying forces).

That aside, you don't really need a great camera for that, rather any reasonable point and shoot and then a good lightbox setup. Don't spend too much more than $150 on a point and shoot with 720p/60Hz (Canon, Nikon, and Sony all have good enough cameras), and then spend the rest of your budget on a lightbox and some continuous lighting (perhaps even strobed LEDs if you want crisp single frames)

Solution