Looking for cheapest labtop that can easily play 1080p movies

Felandro

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
As the topic says current laptop hasn't been able to consistently play 1080p usually stutters. I am curious if the new integrated skylake graphics will be enough if I wait or what I am looking for to be able to play movies without stuttering.

Solution
The cheapest laptops that I know that have 1080p are either dell inspiron range, hp pavillion i think its called range, acer v series, asus x series.
What is the source of the 1080p movies you are watching?

I watch 1080p movies with my laptop using the Intel HD 3000 from 2011 without any issues. The movies are primarily MKV format that have been encoded using the H.264 codec. The movies are stored on my hard drive and generally ranges between 3GB to 15GB in size.

If you are watching streaming movies from Netflix or Youtube, then you are likely having issues with your broadband connection or perhaps with the site that is streaming the video.

elite09g8

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010

good point, just because it stutters doesn't mean you need a new one.
if youre looking for an excuse to buy one go with a IPS laptop display, will make for a better watching experience, color wise.

Felandro

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
Oh right sorry stupid of me the movies are 1080P downloaded not streamed, I don't know about the source or encoding so I can't answer that. I am using my tv screen as the monitor and it is a 40 inch screen, I don't know how this translates into extra power but I know it would be part of the problem. It's an amd apu A6-3400m processor, says AMD Radeon HD 6520G. It is a free labtop I got from Telus for signing on their internet for 3 years so it wouldn't be very good I am sure.