Looking for daily laptop that can game

Kriptiks

Estimable
May 30, 2015
1. What is your budget?

A: Hopefully between $500-1000. $1500 would be absolute max. Looking to budget though. $700 is ideal

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

A: size is not much of an issue

3. What screen resolution do you want?

A: Just enough to game I guess

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

A: more of a desktop replacement. I will be taking it school but can dock at home too

5. How much battery life do you need?

A: I reckon the battery life won't be near 4 hours for a real good gaming laptop, so not really that important.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

A: Medium is fine. I usually play dota 2 and would like to be at smooth medium settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

A: Very basic word processing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

A: Would like an ssd large enough to boot and hold dota. Everything else I usually have in dropbox or my external

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

A: Not at all.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

A: At least for the duration of my studies, so 3-4 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

A: Not all important, but I'm guessing a standard DVD ROM/Writer will come in handy when installing various products.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

A: No brand preference. I don't have the biggest experience regarding different brands.

13. What country do you live in?

A: USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

A: Just looking for a budget laptop that I could use everyday and also play games such as Dota 2 on medium settings running very smoothly. I will be using it for school when I'm not playing as well. I was hoping to have (from what little knowledge I have): at least 8gb of ram, dedicated graphics, and a smaller ssd with enough capacity for windows, dota 2, and maybe a few other small programs.

Thanks for all your help!

Solution
I'll suggest looking at the offerings at XoticPC I might suggest the MSI FORCE 16GC as a viable option for what you are looking for (it should run DOTA on high settings). They offer a good deal of customization options for that model. There are other more expensive models that would run DOTA better to look at on their main gaming laptop page
One thing to note is that the operating system is not included in the price of that model but is an option near the bottom of the configuration page (adds $105 or $135 to price)

The specs I suggest looking for are Core i5 or i7 processor, dedicated graphics GTX 850M or GT 940M or better and 8GB of ram or more - the rest you can do as you see fit but those specs will give you high...
I'll suggest looking at the offerings at XoticPC I might suggest the MSI FORCE 16GC as a viable option for what you are looking for (it should run DOTA on high settings). They offer a good deal of customization options for that model. There are other more expensive models that would run DOTA better to look at on their main gaming laptop page
One thing to note is that the operating system is not included in the price of that model but is an option near the bottom of the configuration page (adds $105 or $135 to price)

The specs I suggest looking for are Core i5 or i7 processor, dedicated graphics GTX 850M or GT 940M or better and 8GB of ram or more - the rest you can do as you see fit but those specs will give you high quality at 1080p

Solution