Looking for decent headphones or headset for gaming!

Bromundo

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014
Evening ladies and gentlemen (or at least evening where I am from),

I am trying to decide on headphones or a headset that I will use mostly for gaming. I have personally narrowed it down to the Sennheiser G4me One's, Zero's or Sennheiser HD598's but I am open to any other suggestions (I have owned multiple Sennheiser products and haven't been disappointed with any of them).

I play games such as Skyrim, Bioshock, Far Cry, Dayz and Metro and listen to music from Rock (U2 for example) to Hardcore (Terror for example). I will be using them mostly in my bedroom which is completely isolated and soundproofed so disturbing people or outside noise isn't really an issue.

I understand that headphones all have their benefits and dis-benefits which is why I have gone to such detail to describe the situation I am in.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Solution
Either the Zero or 598s. To me the 598s look more comfortable. The Zero has a higher impedance though with a microphone at a same price. The Siberia Elites is there for $50 less, look super comfortable, slightly lower impedance.

If you want to save a little but still have great sound/comfort
go Siberia elite.
You want best comfort/sound I go with 598s and get a clip on mic. Zero has a little different hinge system but I still think the ear cups and headband of 598s look more comfy.

Immaculate

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Either the Zero or 598s. To me the 598s look more comfortable. The Zero has a higher impedance though with a microphone at a same price. The Siberia Elites is there for $50 less, look super comfortable, slightly lower impedance.

If you want to save a little but still have great sound/comfort
go Siberia elite.
You want best comfort/sound I go with 598s and get a clip on mic. Zero has a little different hinge system but I still think the ear cups and headband of 598s look more comfy.

Solution

Bromundo

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014
Thanks everyone for your answers, I did consider a USB headset such as the G930 but would like to make the most of my xonar soundcard and I was mostly looking for the best sound quality for what ill be using them for. I've always been leaning towards the 598's but wasn't sure if the zero's or even Siberia's would sound better for want I am using them for as I have read 598's are only good for easy listening. It looks like I'll be buying the 598's and an external mic.

Thanks again everyone!