Looking for gaming headphones for RPG/Singleplayer

Jun 14, 2018
So I've started to dedicate a bit of money upgrading my peripherals, and I've finally come to the unfortunate process of choosing a new pair of headphones - something I know little to nothing about.

I don't want or need a headset, since I have a desk microphone.

What I'm looking for is below $350, comfortable, and with a sound profile that would truly compliment games such as TES, Witcher, and Dragon Age. I do play Fortnite on occasion with friends, so nothing that will drown out specific noises completely.

I have no brand preference, but I've been using a gifted pair of Sennheiser that I do enjoy.

A wireless pair would be useful, but I understand that I'd be sacrificing sound quality as a result, so wired is also okay.

Please help?

Solution
shp9500 are 50 to 70$ and they are amazing. they are open back
you can go to their next level which is X2 which you can find them around 240 to 300$ on ebay new.

i like these two because they are open back, uses 3.5 jack, and lastly the X2 has a nice bass increase for that Expirances.

if you looking for closebacks xm40s? 100$

if you want "Wireless" you can always use a Mpow like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZQZC7L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to turn it wireless. its BT so you can use it with pc without issues. i personally at times use this at times when i dont want wires

you said you play FPS? the first headphones i listed have good imaging which will help you on locating headphones.

i recommend...

xraulb

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
shp9500 are 50 to 70$ and they are amazing. they are open back
you can go to their next level which is X2 which you can find them around 240 to 300$ on ebay new.

i like these two because they are open back, uses 3.5 jack, and lastly the X2 has a nice bass increase for that Expirances.

if you looking for closebacks xm40s? 100$

if you want "Wireless" you can always use a Mpow like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZQZC7L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to turn it wireless. its BT so you can use it with pc without issues. i personally at times use this at times when i dont want wires

you said you play FPS? the first headphones i listed have good imaging which will help you on locating headphones.

i recommend going to amazing, buying the shp9500 for like 60 to 70$ and use them for a few days...you may like alot and thus not spend that extra 300$. many people say if you have 180$ and below..looking for an open back simple just get the shp9500 so many people likes these.

sorry i couldnt give more headphones but i truly had more experiences with these two headphones.\

Open means you can hear noises easier from the real world but the plus side is that the sound sounds more natural/Wider.

Close back blocks sounds from the outside but they do sound narrow than open backs. i choose open back because my room is not noising at all (you would need a loud room for it to matter), i like the sound being wider/ natural, and lastly which is way important for me at least....heat dont build up as easier in open backs as they do with close. my preferences, so please take note on why i recommended open backs.

Solution