Looking for Gaming Headset. Help Please.

hovai

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Hi there, let's just jump right in.

PC mostly, getting PS4.

Requirements:

FPS superiority (Competetive CS)
Microphone quality
Comfort
Build (sturdy, no bulky boom mics)
Wired (unless something has changed over the years and wireless is now good for competetive gaming)
Look matters (the top two examples below give you a feel for my taste)
~200$. Less is always better.

I may get a mixer, but either way custumization of levels would be nice. The new Astro mixer is nice.

I have considered the Steelseries Siberia v2 and would get them, however I have heard there are issues with mic quality. Can anyone confirm or rebuke such reviews?

I have considered the Astro A40 (+mixer), however I would rather not spend 250$ on aheadset.

I have considered the Razer BlackShark, however they are ugly as all hell (opinion, don't hate on me please).

Thanks in advance!

**Edited in from later post

Been thinking and reading.

Is it a better idea to get a non gaming headset and a stand alone mic that together add up to ~200$? (remeber, I will almost exclusively be using these for gaming)

If so, sugggestions?

Solution

I have read that actual 7.1 surround sound is not something to look for in gaming as it actually dampens sound quality. It has been suggested a 5.1 surround sound with emulated 7.1. Any experience between the two? Full disclaimer: I didn't research this much.

hovai

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

I have read that actual 7.1 surround sound is not something to look for in gaming as it actually dampens sound quality. It has been suggested a 5.1 surround sound with emulated 7.1. Any experience between the two? Full disclaimer: I didn't research this much.

Solution

hovai

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Been thinking and reading.

Is it a better idea to get a non gaming headset and a stand alone mic that together add up to ~200$? (remeber, I will almost exclusively be using these for gaming)

If so, sugggestions?

**Editing into origonal post

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013

Hmm, I think it would. There's many quality headphones around for $200 and an add on mic isn't too expensive also.