Looking for help to "recase" my laptop

Stretton90

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
Hello guys

First post here and I sincerely hope I've got it in the right section.

So, I have a Toshiba Satelite L50-A0376 Model Number PSKK6F-06F08UF3. It's pretty santard for the L50 range with 15.6inch screen 4th Gen i5 (4200m) 8 gigs ram and nVidia Geforce GT 740m.

Problem is, on the left hinge, one of the plastic things have come off, and the screen casing seems to be pulling apart from the Bezel.

Not only is it annoying, but I don't think its safe. I'm worried that one day either the LCD goes or the hinge hurts the motherboard.

So after much explanation, here is my question. Does anyone know where I can get a new top cover for it? The LCD housing and Bezel only though. Don't need a new LCD. I've emailed Toshiba and have still not got a response.

I thought perhaps an old second hand one that's busted would help, but I'm struggling to find one.

If it is no longer possible to get the parts needed, could anyone perhaps suggest another alternative? I thought to maybe simply take my motherboard and everything with it and stick it iin a new shell. Is this possible? Could anyone please recommend which model Laptop this would work in?

Any help and any ideas would be highly appreciated. I really love my laptop and cannot afford to get a new one, so any ideas to help save her would be really great.

Thanks a million guys and girls :)

Stretton90

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

Hi hang-the-9 Thank you, however I have been unsuccessful with these sites

Stretton90

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

Hi 1shado1. Thank you for your trouble :). I actually decided to take my laptop in to a small repair place here. I live in a rural area so sadly there aren't many to choose from. He informed me that it was simply the LCD hinge bracket that needs to be replaced, however, he cannot help. So while searching for it myself online i came across the website you suggested and found the exact part I need

http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Toshiba,Laptop,Part,V000310680.aspx

and for what it looks like

http://www.laptopking.com/kingpartdetails.asp?ref=390&category=misc

Great! Except that I live in South Africa.

I now face 2 problems.

1: I'm not sure whether either company can ship to me or not.

2: Because the Rand is rather weak against the Dollar, the $60 price tag at the first site, and $49.99 one at the second is rather hefty for me.

My budget can only allow for a maximum of about $25.

I really do appreciate the help and effort you put in though.

I have scoured the internet high and low to find a cheaper alternative to no avail.

If you are perhaps able to find one in my price range that will ship to my country, I would be eternally grateful. If not, do you perhaps have any other suggestions? Perhaps a hinge from another model that's significantly cheaper but would fit? I have no idea, at the moment the left side of my screen is being held together by layers of insulation tape :??: :pt1cable: :lol:

Thanks again for your help bud :)