littiekid

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
1_What is your budget? 800-1300

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17'' and under

3_What screen resolution do you want? Dont care

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Yes

5_How much battery life do you need? Dont care

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Would like to play WoW on high settings

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Video editing/photoshop, and plenty of music

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 500gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I have had good experience with newegg, friends like tiger direct

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-3 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM/Writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. My cuzin likes his ASUS so I guess that, have no experience with any brands.

13_What country do you live in? USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. Please don't flame me for wanting a laptop for gaming, I know its not optimum, But I have to be mobile.

littiekid

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
Everyone seems to like the MSI models, they must have a good reputation. Do you think there is a big difference between a i5 and a i7 core? Also is there a time in the year when things start to become cheaper because of new stuff?