Looking for laptop preferably under $1500 AU

LateJuly

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I'm looking for a reliable laptop preferably under $1500 AU. I know there are many out there but my experience with laptops have not been so well. I've had an original Macbook from 2008-2011 and it just got slow after about 6-7 months (reset it as well but still slow). I hadn't had a laptop until earlier this year when I got a cheap Dell Note Book for about $300 and after 2 months I couldn't handle the slow speeds so I sold it (luckily for the same price i bought it). I have a windows desktop at home which has worked wonders for me over the past 2-3 years. But It's time for me to invest into a laptop as my uni/college course will become harder as I go on if i continue to just take notes on my phone or in a book (Just about to finish my first semester in computer science and next semester we'll start software design and I cannot do this on my phone, I could do it on the uni computers but it's just going to make things harder for me to transfer the work to my home computer). I already know that i'll need to save up at least a good $1500 maybe more for a good laptop which will allow me to run multiple operating systems (being virtual or splitting my hard drive) I've been looking at the macbooks and a few Dells but im hopeless when it comes to laptops so i need your guys help. I'll be happy if im able to spend under $1300 AU but im not sure if thats possible for what im asking, but I am willing to fork out to about a max of $1600 AU. So the machine will need to be able to run coding and software producing programs at a good speed. I also have a hobby in photography and creating/designing art or games so if it can run programs like unity or photoshop well that will just be a bonus. I know it's a lot to ask for but that's why im coming to you guys so you can help me head in the right direction. If there are other questions feel free to ask.

TRENDING THREADS