Solved! Looking for LCD TV for about $500

Shirosaki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
Want to get at least a 42 inch, 1080p LCD TV. Probably 120 hz as it seems to make a noticeable difference in quality. At least in my very limited experience. Maybe there are 60 hz that are good. I bought a TV 2 years ago, but now a family member is asking me what TV they should get and thinks I know everything. I don't. Maybe someone can tell me what they recommend and a little why so I learn something. Thanks.

Solution
Don't let the store fool you. They can adjust other settings on the 120hz TV to make it appear better to you when buying and make crappy settings on the 60hz TV. I'm not sure about the increase in quality, but to be sure, stand side by side and compare the TV's with equal quality settings and an equal quality source. Try to keep as many things constant as possible for the best comparison.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Don't let the store fool you. They can adjust other settings on the 120hz TV to make it appear better to you when buying and make crappy settings on the 60hz TV. I'm not sure about the increase in quality, but to be sure, stand side by side and compare the TV's with equal quality settings and an equal quality source. Try to keep as many things constant as possible for the best comparison.

Solution