Solved! Looking for mid-level gaming laptop ($800~$900)

Eldrac

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
1. What is your budget?
Somewhere around $800 to $900 would be ideal, can go a little higher or lower if needed.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
No preference

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Looking for a portable that is capable of playing games, for bringing places to LAN, etc. Will not be used as a replacement desktop as I'll still have my gaming desktop for at home use.

5. How much battery life do you need?
A couple hours would be nice but I'll be playing plugged in most the time.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
All of these games on Medium~High settings. Starcraft II, Civ 5, League of Legends, Diablo 3 (If that ever comes out).
Maybe some slightly more intensive stuff at medium settings, like Fallout: NV, Mass Effect II, etc.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Some coding/movie watching

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
250+GB, no real preference

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Newegg would be best

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD is good enough

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No brand preferences

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I had previously ordered http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-246-006 , but the same day my order was shipped Intel announced their Sandy Bridge problems so I just returned it.

Was thinking of going something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834214190

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, I'm hoping to order this within a few days. Thank you :)

WindowsTeam_Kevin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Try looking at the iBUYPOWER Battalion Touch CZ-10. Fits most of your wants, and is similar to the Lenovo you were looking in most of the specs, the video card is not as good, but may be worth a look.

Kevin
Windows Outreach Team