Looking for new gaming laptop (Need help deciding)

highland3r

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
I'm looking to buy a gaming laptop that falls within a price range of anywhere from $700 to $1000.
I live in the U.S. and would like a decent to strong gaming laptop that is capable of handling the latest popular games on normal to high settings. If anyone has any suggestions or personally own a gaming laptop that they are satisfied with that is capable of good fps on the latest popular games(BF4, Dead Space, Assassins Creed, CoD, etc...), please reply with some links letting me know. At the moment I've been looking at the laptop in the below link and would be thankful for some feedback on it. Does anyone know if it's very good, average, is it satisfactory, do you know if it will last 2-3 years? Thank you so much. And please do list some links of laptops you think are solid gaming laptops that fall within my price range.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I've been out the game for a while. I'm behind the curb on everything concerning new laptops, gpu and cpu's, etc... If I could get some help on this I would be so appreciative!

highland3r

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Here's the link again.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313584

If it doesn't work still, here's the name.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p (59388313) Intel Core i7 4700MQ(2.40GHz) 8GB Memory 1TB + 8GB SSHD Hybrid Drive 15.6" Notebook Windows 8

As for the sagernotebook site, there are quite a lot of nice laptops there that I'm liking.

Btw, how long do gaming laptops usually last if you're using them at least 12 hours a day or so?

patrick47018

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Long as the laptop has sufficient cooling, heat is what normally kills components, then it could last until it gets old and needs replaced. That Lenovo with dual 750M's is likely the best laptop in the price range, nice find.

highland3r

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
I'll probably just purchase one of those notebook coolers with the fan that you place underneath the laptop. But yeah the Lenovo is the best one I've come across so far so unless someone posts letting me know of a better one I'll more than likely get that Lenovo.