Looking for new laptop (form inside)

Apr 27, 2018
1. What is your budget?

Under $600 (Canadian - laptop also needs to be available in Canada, ofc)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Not picky, though I'm looking for something less clunky than my current (asus n560p)

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Don't know much about resolutions in general but I do like keeping my laptop hooked up to my tv (via hdmi) & when i set it up it seemed that I needed to keep to a specific resolution (1366x768 which is recommended res for my current machine) for the tv to work.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable.

5. How much battery life do you need?

I would like to take it out with me from time to time to eat out or sit in the park & enjoy, so a few hours I guess? Again, not familiar w/laptop battery life (this one was my first & is lg enough I ended up just leaving it on its stand all the time & never bringing it anywhere unless I absolutely have to)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes - mostly minecraft, steam games - jump back into wow from time to time but low-medium is fine on all.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

I am a habitual multitasker. Usually running multiple windows in both ff & chrome, playing a game of some kind on the laptop & hooked up to the tv w/youtube & netflix running on the tv.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

I have ~900gb on this machine. It's nearly full so I could use more but could go to external storage if larger internal storage = too expensive.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

No specific sites but it does need to be within canada to avoid customs/return issues.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

... as long as humanly possible?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Prefer DVD.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Again, have only had the Asus, which has been fine except for an issue where the brightness DIMS every time the power source is cut off & I have to restart to get back to full brightness.

13. What country do you live in?

Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Code:

Thanks for your help :)

Apr 27, 2018
Yeah, that looks like it - sorry, not sure where I got the model # I used, I have used it in the past to successfully google laptop specific issues but I just tried googling it and I can't find it either!