Looking for options/Software for custom DVD/BluRay disc & Case creation

liberty610

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2012
Hey everyone!

I am running a small project studio, and I have recently started to get back into video production. I have sever projects coming up that require me to design disc and case inserts for DVDs and Blu Rays. A few years back when I was doing this a lot more, there where options for stick on labels and software to design jackets for cases and everything. I am having a hard time finding things these days, as I am sure the amount of custom optical media demand has died down a bit.

I recently ordered a Cannon printer with on disc printing options for the discs themselves, and I have some Verbatim blank Blu Ray discs coming with the white inkjet faces on them. Apparently Cannon offers decent software for creating the actual labels.

The Inserts and Jackets are what I am looking into now. I am not a photo shop user. I don't really know anything about it and can't really afford it, unless there is a cheaper more dumbed down version that is user friendly. I need something I can crop people out of photos and what not to design full Blu Ray jackets. I am still using a very old version of Paint Shop Pro (version 7 when Jasc still made it). It's what I know and I can generate decent ideas with it. I figure there might be something better/easier to use out there.

Does anyone have any suggestions for creating custom DVD/Blu ray discs? Either the disc face themselves that I can import the final image into the cannon print software, or the case inserts? And when printing the case inserts/jackets, what type of paper would you recommend for a professional look? I want to make these the best I can for my clients.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

USAFRet

Illustrious

For the disk surface, a 'new image' of 5" x 5".
For the inserts, in Paintshop Pro:
Q8yi11P.png

liberty610

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I am actually looking into that Paint.net program right now. I like it so far, as the cropping tasks I normally do are easier in it then my current software. Thanks for the tip on that!

Still searching for a goto software for the inserts.