Looking for powerful thin laptop.

beartactical

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Solution
I posted this on another thread but I think this notebook would be a good match for you:

I just received the new Lenovo Ideapad 720s with 8th gen i7-8550u, and mx150 gpu. My model cost about $900usd for 8gb of ram and 250gb ssd but you can pay a bit more for the 512gb abd 16gb of ram model.

I love this laptop for many reasons:
- nice sharp IPS thin bezel display (14" screen in a 12.5" chassis)
- Fast 4core/8thread CPU
- It's like 0.62" thick I believe, very small form factor for whats inside
- MX150 GPU while you said you won't be gaming, this will allow you to play casual games as well as be an asset when it comes to photo/video rendering/editing or anything more graphically intensive. The GPU switches between integrated and...

severinsen70

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
I posted this on another thread but I think this notebook would be a good match for you:

I just received the new Lenovo Ideapad 720s with 8th gen i7-8550u, and mx150 gpu. My model cost about $900usd for 8gb of ram and 250gb ssd but you can pay a bit more for the 512gb abd 16gb of ram model.

I love this laptop for many reasons:
- nice sharp IPS thin bezel display (14" screen in a 12.5" chassis)
- Fast 4core/8thread CPU
- It's like 0.62" thick I believe, very small form factor for whats inside
- MX150 GPU while you said you won't be gaming, this will allow you to play casual games as well as be an asset when it comes to photo/video rendering/editing or anything more graphically intensive. The GPU switches between integrated and dedicated to conserve power as well.
- Long battery life, i got about 9 hours of media and general use out of it
- Good JBL speakers
- Thunderbolt 3 port, not 4 lanes so you can't run an external GPU but it'll still be really fast transfer speeds
- Metal chassis, feels like a Macbook.

Solution

kishore_dimension

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

hi bro, i would like to know if there are any negative comments that you feel abt this laptop that makes it not worth the purchase?

severinsen70

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
The fans can be a little loud under load, I've only ever really notice it gaming if I don't have headphones on. I got nothing bad to say about the notebook so far, for its price the build quality is hard to beat.

Other than that Ive had no issues/problems. But if you have any questions about the HW or anything specific let me know.